1. Remember that what you say in a chat room or instant messaging session is live — you can’t take it back or delete it later.
2. Don’t say anything you wouldn’t want the public to know — this includes your full name, your address, phone number of other personal information.
3. Don’t get together with someone you meet in a chat room. If you must, meet in a public place and bring along some friends.
4. Don’t reveal your actual location or when and where you plan to hang out.
5. Choose a nick name that’s not sexually suggestive and doesn’t give away your real name.
6. If someone says or does something creepy — block them and don’t respond.